HELICAL PIER Services in Alaska
Included in our services is helical pier installation. Helical piers, also known as anchors, piles or screwpiles, are deep foundation solutions used to secure new or repair existing foundations.
Due to their design and relative ease to install, they are most commonly used whenever soil conditions prevent standard foundation solutions. For a traditional home, the process involves excavating to expose the bottom of the foundation footer, and then threading the piers into the ground around the foundation. A bracket is then installed to secure below the footer and attach to the pier itself.
For a cabin foundation or deck, it is much more simple. The piers can be threaded into the ground with no excavation required. This minimizes installation time, requires little soil disturbance, and most importantly transfers the weight of the structure to load bearing soil.
Helical piers can be used for any of the following
- Foundation Support
In the case of damaged foundations, helical piers are used in tandem with structural foam in areas where the ground is known to be suspect further down below grade.
Depending on ground quality, pier depths can range from as little as 7 feet to upwards of 56 feet. When combined with structural foam, there is no better solution for long term stabilization of a foundation footprint.
The value of a home relies on the quality of its foundation. In our state, foundations have to be built to a higher standard than most in order to withstand regular earthquakes, a constant freeze/thaw cycle, and poor soil conditions. Even the best built foundations can see issues occur in the form of cracking, leaking, or rotting as the years take their toll.
In addition to lifting settled foundations, Polyseal specializes in foundation repair. Our projects and scope include but are not limited to the following:
- Installing Geo-foam to shore up existing voids
- Excavating and properly waterproofing existing foundations
- Re-framing rotting wood foundations
- Crack repair in the form of stitching or structural epoxy
- Upgrading post & beams in crawlspaces
- Excavating and replacing frost susceptible materials with proper fill
- Regrading to allow for better water drainage
- Laying new block and footers for new foundation sections as needed.
- Performing Deep Injection to strengthen the footprint of the ground for areas of concern
Our Helical Pier Work
Why Choose Us?
- Constant Owner interaction means no project manager or multiple people trying to make decisions.
- The highest quality products and with many small details that often go unnoticed by other contractors, let's take your insulation project to the next level.
- Quality Control. The owner is hands on throughout the project, if any problems or issues arise they can be dealt with immediately.
- Nonstop communication - The key to the success of your project is good communication. And, a big part of communication is listening. From the beginning of a project to its end, our company places a high priority on listening - to you, your needs and wishes.
"Everything is designed, but some things are designed well."